Re: userid UID

At 16:09 30.11.98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am pretty sure the uid attribute you want is the one from RFC 1274.
>It is called userid in 1274, but the prevalent LDAP name is uid and its
>OID is 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1  X.500's uniqueIdentifer attribute is
>called x500uniqueidentifier for LDAP purposes.  This is all a bit
>confusing....

Thanks, Mark. If this is the case, I think rfc1274 should
be referenced in rfc2253.

I'm also a bit worried if I should use this attribute, since
this OID tree is "ITU-T Data - unofficial value" and "Directory Pilot Attrs"
(http://www.alvestrand.no/objectid/0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1.html).
Does it mean it is just an experimental attribute? If it is, should
I use it for a "serious" application?

Regards,
Vesna