Re: LDIF standardization, couple of questions

Hi Sanjay,
By making LDIF a standard, we just standardize an Export/Import
Format which is already used now by a lot of products.
The problem is that this format is in use, but is not a standard now
and should become one.

It is important to have the possibility to refer to a standard in order
to avoid interoperability problems between the exporting and the
importing systems.
Regards
Patrick

Sanjay Jain wrote:

>  By making LDIF a standard what we are saying is that
>  evey LDAP vendor MUST provide utilites to load an LDIF
>  file to their LDAP server and vice-versa.  Is there anything
>  else one needs to do to comply with this standard ?
>
>  LDIF standardization has got nothing to do with LDAP client
>  - server interaction. Right ?
>
>  thanks
>  sanjay

Patrick Fantou                                 Tel: +49 89 636 41203
Siemens AG                                     Fax: +49 89 636 45860
Information and Communication Networks
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, D-81739 Munich, Germany
e-mail: Patrick.Fantou@mch.sni.de