Re: LDAP Authentication Consensus

While I am not totally unsympathetic to your views,
this is a topic that has been debated again and again
on the list, at the meetings, and in private. It
appears we can't come to a conclusion that satisfies
everyone, so we are taking advantage of the "rough"
part of "rough consensus". Mark and I believe strongly
that debating this further serves no purpose other
than to proliferate the use of clear-text passwords
and to keep the group from working on other things.

We believe the group has rough consensus, and
therefore we should close the debate and move
on to other things.        -- Tim