Re: Abstract object class

Senthil,

At 18:53 98/11/04 +0530, K. Senthil Kumar wrote:

>hi everybody!
>	can a Directory Server suppport more than schema? say for example in
>different namespace by having directory entry of subschema class. And I

Depends on the product.  Most will allow you to have a different schema for
each administrative area.  Despite this, some products insist on only one
set of content rules per DSA, which, of course, can limit your schema choices.

>also want to know whether it is mandatory for all objectclass to be
>derived from top class.

Most products would probably assume that entries belong to top if you do
not specify it (as I recall, standards mandate this behaviour).  In any
case, the top object class merely specifies the object class attribute as
mandatory and you *must* also have the object class attribute in each entry.

Cheers,                   ....Erik.
Erik Skovgaard
GeoTrain Corp.
Enterprise Directory Consulting and Training
http://www.geotrain.com