Re: Compromise Authentication Proposal

Chris & John,

Well, I am beginning to lean towards TLS.  Aside from the scalability, it
also provides me with Confidentiality services; i.e. the Client-server
session is encrypted.  This is not only useful, but I could argue that it
is *required* for any administrator's client.

With TLS, it would seem to me, we are gaining:

1. A scalable and solid authentication mechansm.
2. COnfidentiality on the link between the client and server.

We may need this for replication protocols as well, so there is a good
reason for implementing it for clients.

Cheers,                    ....Erik.