RE: Objections to draft-ietf-ldapext-psearch-01.txt

No mis understanding,  the answer is a good one. Its just that something
like putting entries in DITs for "protocol features"  as their names and
then assigning User access controls to them - to see if they can use the
protocol feature or not , just never occured to me. I suppose because it
polutes the Users DIT.
Do you have access control regimes for these entries as well?
Do you include these entries in  LDAP replication processes? what about
the scope of transaction resource locking and timing out. Does the
"features" entries fit under country, org, OU, OP, OR or anywhere?

I suppose that if the LDAP protocol extensions need to be controlled by
proprietary DIT structures and user access control mechanisms -  does
that mean that the LDAP extensions are by definition "proprietary"..

regards alan