Re: Objections to draft-ietf-ldapext-psearch-01.txt

> There's also a class of clients for which implementing the
> full horror of replication may not ever be appropriate.
> Consider something like a voice mail system.

Agreed. Our customers have for example chosen draft-ietf-ldapext-trigger-* for
use by DEN-devices that cache configuration information read from the
directory.
Their use of search triggers allow the manager to configure these clients to
have their caches be updated when information in changed.  We would
expect that the ability for a client to use the search trigger extension
would be controlled by the server's access control rules.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.