Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ldapext-trigger-01.txt

There's nothing in either the persistent search
or triggered search protocol elements that prevent
this, just like there's nothing in the basic LDAP
(or X.500 for that matter) protocol elements that
prevent 10-100 clients from making connections to
your server and beating the hell out of it in a
denial of service attack. Such things are handled
by administrative limits, sensible engineering and
configuration, audit trails, etc. Just as with any
operation that uses server resources, servers must
protect themsleves from having too many resources
consumed by malicious or careless users.
        -- Tim