RE: RE: Authentication Methods for LDAP - last call

For me, the scalability is not the issue. It isn't an efficieny issue.
CRAM-MD5 is just too insecure. Kerberos is not an option for accessing
white-pages directories such as we see on the Internet (no common trust
point). Client certificates aren't widely deployed.

We should use a stronger password based authentication. HTTP will be using
Digest; sharing makes lots of sense.

Paul