RE: LDAP extension draft for GSSAPI protection of session data

But  4.2.1 of RFC 2251 says:

   For some SASL authentication mechanisms, it may be necessary for the
   client to invoke the BindRequest multiple times.  If at any stage the
   client wishes to abort the bind process it MAY unbind and then drop
   the underlying connection.  Clients MUST NOT invoke operations
   between two Bind requests made as part of a multi-stage bind.