RE: LDAP Access Control

In writing the ISP for access control (ADY 44 and 45 combined in one
document) we've realized that we have to give guidance on the
denyReturnDN, since if you deny the return of a DN, then you also must
agree to put in a valid alias name in any read or search for that
information.  Name is a mandatory element in EntryInformation.

X.500 permits the DSA to just omit the entry from a search return, but I
don't believe that's true for other operation results.  A suggestion was
made to give the entry an
operational attribute which specifies the name that is to be returned
under these conditions.  An example would be the equivalent of a Public
Affairs Officer's name returned.

I believe that some name 'hiding' is going to be the normal use of
corporate directories as well as the 'black hole' communities.  Products
that make this 'manageable' will be very useful.

Sandi