Re: LDAP Access Control

Hi,

><P>QUESTION 1: Do you believe LDAPEXT should be trying to define
><BR>requirements, framework, and/or a model for access control in
><BR>LDAP directories?

Yes, yes and yes.

><P>QUESTION 2: Do you basically support the access control
><BR>requirements draft (draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-reqts-00.txt)?

Yes.

><P>QUESTION 3: Do you basically support the access control model
><BR>draft (draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-model-00.txt)?

I think it needs something like PrescriptiveACI but otherwize
it might be fine. This is a big if though, without it IMHO the X.500
would be a better starting point.

><P>QUESTION 4: Do you think we should adopt the X.500(1993)
><BR>basic access control model as the starting point for the LDAP
><BR>access control model?

See, above.

><P>QUESTION 5: Do you think we should specify only a framework
><BR>for identifying access control models, and not define a
><BR>single standards-track model for LDAP at this time?

No. I think that would pull the plug on ldup.

	Best Regards
	Leif Johansson

Leif Johansson				Phone: +46 8 164541
Department of Mathematics		Fax  : +46 8 6126717
Stockholm University 			email: leifj@matematik.su.se

    <This space is left blank for quotational and disclamatory purposes.>