RE: Transaction/Locking with LDAP

>From the very beginning I believed, i.e. back in 1983-84 I believed that
X.500 in stead of ROSE should use Distributed Transaction Processing (DTP)
which was at that time a very well developed protocol based on IBM LU 6.2
and had all the features of two phase commitment and roll backs. It would
therefore not require years, but some added implementation cost, but
probably not millions of dollars. However, as usual, I was alone. The
chairman of the ISO Directory group was totally against it. "Directory is
stateless and shall stay that way". We also had our religious wars within
ISO.

Erik Andersen, Consultant, Direct Tel. (+45) 3945 0736, Mobile: (+45) 2097
1490
 E-mail: era@fl.dk

FISCHER & LORENZ A/S
Tuborg Parkvej 10, DK-2900 Hellerup, Copenhagen, Denmark
Tel. (+45) 3945 0700, Fax (+45) 3945 0777, E-mail: fl@fl.dk, Internet:
http://www.fl.dk

CEN/ISSS Directory Workshop chairman, Internet:
http://www.cenorm.be/isss/workshop/dir/welcome.htm