RE: Transaction/Locking with LDAP

I hope not.

Otherwise we will need resource locking and transaction recovery
mechanisms in LDAP and that is somewhat difficult in distributed
directory systems . It will need this - otherwise the transaction ID
will just be a cosmetic protocol field.

Isnt it odd that one can add a few bytes to a protocol field to say
"transaction ID" and put that on a sheet of paper in 10 minutes.  But to
make that work in a commercial tested large scale object oriented
distributed name based transaction system that has true rolback
integrity it will take years and millions of dollars...

regards alan