RE: Naming of ACLs, Replication etc

> From:          Bruce Greenblatt <Bgreenblatt@RSA.com>

> I'd (strongly) second Tim Howes proposal that Steve (or someone) should
> write a draft (and submit it in textual form and not binary) that explains
> the X.500 access control mechanism

Hi Bruce,
I have a whole chapter that attempts to explain the X.500 aci model
in great detail. See reference below. Dont tell me you cant
understand "understanding X.500" :-)

Seriously though, the X.500 aci model is rigourous but complex. I
think Colin's suggestion to profile it is a very sensible one. I know
some suppliers who are effectively profiling it at the admin user
interface thereby making it seem simpler to the administrator

David

 >, and show how it meets (most) of the
> requirements that are laid out in the ACL requirements draft.
>
> Bruce

David Chadwick
IT Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 370 957 287
Email D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm