Re: LDAP ACLs

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alan Lloyd <Alan.Lloyd@OpenDirectory.com.au>
Date: Sunday, May 03, 1998 7:45 PM

Excuse me, those were IETF ACL standards for "single ACL model" I was
talking about. So we've already lost portability.

> Does it not follow that as we evolve to X.509 based systems for
>authentication and signatures and these are applied to ACI models
>(otherwise how does ACI work if one cannot verify the user) and the
fact
>that people are mobile and want to acccess a DSA system from anywhere
- -
>that ACI needs to be consistent just like X.509 authentication
>processes.

Not at all. I, as a client, can access a DSA system from anywhere as
long as I can authenticate. I do not need to be able to manage ACLs to
be able to do that.

Paul J. Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
PGP Key ID: 0x978829DD
Fingerprint: 9EFA A405 39B4 F91F DE6F 8939 6FE9 F5D8
Key Servers: http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371 ldap://certserver.pgp.com