Re: Naming of ACLs, Replication etc

Alan Lloyd wrote:
        So why did the draft LDAP ACL document add extensions to the
protocol for ACI or permissions
Better ask the authors. I'd say that it looks like something that'snot needed, and which should probably be removed from the document.
  As said my mum in london does not have a URL stamped on her head.
But she does have a DN stamped there ?
        Absolutely not..I think the LDAP development model has proved
that designing information systems from a "protocol perspective" is
absolutely flawed.
And the X.500/OSI development model by contrast has proved, what ?
        LDAP has ended up twice the code size, half the functionality,
half the information flexibility and twice as slow on the wire as DAP.
Curious, I've not heard of an X.500 directory which is less than
an of magnitude slower than the fastest LDAP directory
server implementation with which I'm familiar. Mostly they seem to be
two orders of magnitude slower.