RE: LDAP ACLs

	Can I disagree here - and no doubt thousands of others would
too.
	eg. why is there so many copies of the white pages on this
planet and why are the master copies protected.

> But if we're going to have ACLs, then they shouldn't force systems
> with well designed security that conforms to standard criteria for
> secure system design, to compromise security. If we can't "focus" on
> that, because we don't understand it well enough, then that says that
> it is premature to standardize on ACLs.

	Perhaps this is true in the context of LDAP development which
considered X.500 too complex - because that contains ACI
	So does this mean that the LDAP development process is nearing
completion and is and can only be just an access protocol and not a
directory system standard.
	regards alan