RE: About aliases an X.500....More on CIP

Well this is a well informed position :-)

The comment says on instant of an interface - I did not say "through the
one and only interface" - I bet a DAP (or LDAP) ient can scan 20 DSAs a
lot faster than a highly manually configured set of 20 LDAP servers
which all do referrals.

But that is because X.500 is complex  - but it does give better service
- and  we (with our X.500 DSA/LDAP server) can even integrate single
function LDAP servers to work in a distributed manner under a common
access control regime.

LDAP only systems cannot even intergrate their servers.as per X.500  -
thats too complex "quote from an RFC" :-)

ie We have the car doors -  and the car - in a market that wants to
travel.

regards alan