discussion of StartTLS for LDAP

We have an open question in the latest revision of the StartTLS for LDAP
draft..

  draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-tls-00.txt

..which is the same as brought up by Eric in..

 draft-ietf-tls-https-01.txt

..and is namely "Endpoint Identification: Server Identity" (section 3.1 in
tls-https-01). Nominally, Bob & I feel that if it's appropriate for http, then
it is likely appropriate for LDAP. We're interested in getting feedback on
whether this is something that we should add to the ldapv3-tls doc prior to
working group last call.

thanks,

Jeff

ps: apologies for the wide dispersion of this msg, we also should figger out
which list such a focused topic should be discussed - I'm not positive myself
since it is an interdisciplinary problem.