Re: NSSRs (Re: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ldapext-referral-00.txt)

I have reviewed the document and subsequent Email discussion.

Some comments:

1) It seems to me that the definition of knowledge references and the
asscoaited changes to distributed operations (name resolution and
search procedures) should be placed into separate documents.

2) It was not clear to me if the "Named Reference" is like and X.500
Subordinate Reference (SR) where the entry information is held in the
server pointed to or like the QUIPU Subordinate Reference (QSR) where
the data is held with the reference.  A QSR is simpler than an NSSR,
as all of the data at the level below is held in one server.

3) Where there are multiple pointes, need to indicate if data is
master or slave.

Steve