RE: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-ldapext-referral-00.txt

David Chadwick[SMTP:d.w.chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk] wrote:

> > Ok. I propose we do not support NSSRs. Does anybody
> > really think we should? If so, why?             -- Tim
> >

> I am happy to drop them. I think that NSSRs are a performance killer,
> and for this reason alone should be dropped, let alone the complexity
> issue.

I agree.   NSSRs in X.500 are a nightmare, and I am not aware of any situation where
they have been used (even though NEXORs own product supports them).
Most X.500 profiles I have seen, suggest NSSRs should not be used.

Assuming we do drop them in LDAP,  how do we now get X.500 to drop them :-)

Colin