Re: draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-04.txt

> Date:          Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:09:00 +0000
> From:          Steve Kille <S.Kille@isode.com>
> Subject:       draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-04.txt
> To:            madman@INNOSOFT.COM, ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
> Cc:            Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no

> Folks,
>
> The work on core MADMAN MIB and Mail is put to bed.
>
> The directory MIB, the latest draft of which includes LDAP support,
> has now expired.   Glenn and I think it is wonderful and important.
>
> Does anyone else care??  If you like/want this spec shout loud and cc:
> Harald.  Ideally please give input to the spec.  If you don't care,
> don't bother, and we will consign it to the protocol graveyard.

Steve,
if you are going to move it forward (and it would seem from the
positive response that you will), can you draw on the work in the 97
X.500 standard on management, so that the SNMP version can manage the
MIB specified there. It was always our (the ISO/CCITT group's)
intention that the managed objects should be equally manageable via
either CMIP or SNMP
Cheers
David

> Steve Kille

David Chadwick
IT Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 370 957 287
Email D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm