RE: Comments on last call for simple caching scheme

I wasn't in on the earlier rounds of this, but....
if you are doing anything with caching that uses the DNS as a role
model, you should definitely consult with Randy Bush, Robert Elz or
some people in that league.

There have been "interesting" disasters when clients did caching of
DNS records without looking at the TTL fields, and there has been
"interesting" interactions between the primary/secondary TTL
specification and attempts to use it with DHCP-assigned IP addresses.

If we have experience with it, we need to learn from it.

                       Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no