Re: RFC 2251 considered harmful

Leif,

My basic view is the critical extensions is good enginering, and should be
in the spec.

I accept Ed's point that some vendors will abuse this.  This definition of
abuse is subjective (although I suspect that Ed and I have a common view).
However, I think that having a protocol spec set out views on this sort of
thing would be a very dangerous precedent to set.  Protocol specs should
stick to protocol and stay out of marketing and commercial politics.

Steve