RE: LAST CALL: draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-simplepaged-02.txt

Ya know, I just reread this thread and realized that Frank and I are in
violent agreement, at least about allowing robust services.

I guess I just jumped all over the "thin client" reference: I don't
think you need thin clients to argue in favour of services such as paged
results:  you can base the argument on a desire to "spread the pain"
around, such as having the server maintain result state in order so that
the client needn't maintain data - say, if it is simply sanity checking
or performing minor updates to large numbers of entries - and in order
to keep network load level... ...it all depends on your operational
requirements... ...and thin clients are a wave of the future, not the
wave....

:->

pww, who will remember to think at least *3* times prior to responding
from now on....