RE: Using DAP to support dynamic directories

> From:          Yoram Yaacovi <yoramy@MICROSOFT.com>
> To:            "'Tim Howes'" <howes@netscape.com>
> Cc:            "'D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk'" <D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk>,
>                osidirectory@az05.bull.com, ietf-asid@netscape.com,
>                "'ldapext'" <ietf-ldapext@netscape.com>
> Subject:       RE: Using DAP to support dynamic directories
> Date:          Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:10:02 -0800

> I'd go with either option, but my personal preference would be a separate
> document. This way we can get the dynamic entries draft out NOW. We can add
> text in section 5.3 that will point to this future doc.

If you must have, and manage to get, the last call out this week,
then I prefer a separate document for the DAP work. The reason for
this, is that the ISO/ITU-T X.500 group are meeting NEXT week, and I
would like their comments before the text is included in a last call.
I think it would be premature to issue a last call on text that I
have written and that no-one else from the X.500 group has reviewed.

If however, you are willing to wait another week or so, in order to
get feedback from the X.500 group, that I can take on board and make
the necessary changes (if any), then it would make sense to have the
DAP work included in the current document, and to issue the last call
in a fortnight for the combined protocols document.

I leave it up to you to choose

David

> Yoram

David Chadwick
IT Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 370 957 287
Email D.W.Chadwick@iti.salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm