Re: KerberosId/UserID/access-id (two)

Kurt,

I'm a bit confused here about your authzID proposal.

I understand that you want to change access-id to authzID as defined
in the authmeth spec.   authzID is carried in the SASL credential field.
The problem I have with this that one of the mandatory methods of
authentication (per authmeth spec) is simple password over TLS
which does not even use SASL so no authzID can even be carried
in that flow.  So, if the ldapACI specifies authzID, there is no way to
ascertain that information short of providing some type of internal
mapping of authenticationID by the server.  Perhaps the assumption
is that if simple password over TLS is used, then the authzID equates
to the authentication identity passed in the bin?

Ellen