Re: [ldap] Standard test suite for LDAP client testing?

The test packages in OpenDS are exhaustive for testing OpenDS or from a client perspective.

On Sep 10, 2008, at 6:30 PM, Emiel van de Laar wrote:

Hello list,

I'm posting this to two mailing lists... Hope no one minds.

I'm working on an LDAP client API implementation. To test the
API I'm looking for a standard test set (data) which can be
loaded into various server implementations.

The closest thing I have found so far is the following project
which seems to be quite dormant.

http://www.opengroup.org/dif/blits/

The LDIFs I tried worked for 99%; a couple of errors were found
relating to schema. It is quite dated...

And then there are the test cases... which could probably be
updated as well.

Any one have any other recommendations? Perhaps someone is
involved with BLITS or something similar?

I could flesh out my own test data and test cases but I'd
rather build on something that already exists.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

- Emiel van de Laar

---- Mobile: +1 404 925 6385 AIM: NotEternalName skype: Terry_J_Gardner http://blogs.sun.com/terrygardner

"Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come." - Carl Sandberg