Re: authmeth-17 notes

Thanks for your review. I really appreciate the assistance.

> Sorry to be so late...
>
> >3.1.2. Client Certificate
> >   If a client that has provided a suitable certificate subsequently
> >   performs a Bind operation using the SASL EXTERNAL authentication
> >   mechanism (section 5.2.1), information in the certificate may
> >   be used by the server to identify and authenticate the client.
>
> Why was "may subsequently be used" changed to "may be used" here?

I removed the phrase because it was redundant. The "subsequently" part was already in the first part of the sentence, so the 2nd subsequently wasn't necessary.

> 3.1.3.1. Comparison of DNS Names
> >   That is, the subject
> >   *.example.com matches the server names a.example.com and
> >   b.example.com but not the server name example.com.
>
> This example lost one case since authmeth-16.  I suggest:
>
> >   That is, the subject
> >   *.example.com matches the server name a.example.com, but not
> >   the server names example.com and b.a.example.com.

Thanks. Good catch. The sentence now reads:

"That is, the subject *.example.com matches the server names a.example.com and b.example.com but does not match example.com or a.b.example.com."

Roger