Re: authmeth-15: mandatory-to-implement strong authentication

Kurt,

I've made this change to the requirements section of authmeth.  The next question is what to do with section 10 (SASL DIGEST-MD5 Authentication Mechanism). Should we remove it from the ldapbis specification and allow it to be referenced as part of RFC 2829, or should I leave it in the ldapbis specification for informational purposes?

Roger

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 9/29/2005 10:51:49 am >>>
I believe WG consensus supports changing LDAP's
mandatory-to-implement "strong" authentication algorithm
from SASL/DIGEST-MD5 to StartTLS+simple(name/password).

Hence, I direct the Editor to make appropriate changes
to this draft to change the mandatory-to-implement
"strong" authentication mechanism to
StartTLS+simple(name/password).

-- Kurt, LDAPBIS co-chair