Re: Evaluation of an unknown attribute description in a presence filter

Hi,

Thank you for your responses to this issue.

org
>Subj: Re: Evaluation of an unknown attribute description in a  presence filter

>We should remain consistent with X.500.
>
>In regards to Andrew's suggestion, X.500 says:
>  The present match tests for the presence of any value
> of a particular type.
>

>So, I think [Protocol, 4.5.1.7.5] should read:
>
>        The present match evaluates to TRUE where there is an attribute or
>        subtype of the specified attribute description present in an entry,
>        FALSE where an attribute or subtype of the specified attribute
>        description is absent, and Undefined otherwise.

Kurt,

Based on your above reference, I think that in order to retain consistency with X.500,
your suggested text should be making reference to values being present in
the entry, not the attribute description.

Cheers,
Andrew