Re: Interoperability tests (was: updating LDAPBIS milestones) [corrected]

At 12:10 AM 2/17/2005, Michael Ströder wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>>
>> Aug 05    Submit Interoperability Report I-D
>
>Sorry for maybe asking something which is clear to the other WG members:
>How will interoperability be tested?

As the IETF is not a testing organization, the IETF itself will >>not<<
do any testing of interoperability (or organize any testing event).
Instead, the IETF will survey the community (namely vendors) regarding interoperability and, from this, draft the report.  The survey
is to answered based on the responder's operational experience.
If the responder doesn't have adequate operational experience to
answer a particular question, the responder may perform testing
to gain necessary operational experience to respond survey question.
Responders are free to self-organize testing events.

Kurt