Re: protocol: closing SASL upon Unbind

At 08:01 AM 12/7/2004, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>SASL also doesn't say in which order SASL and TLS layers must be
>removed.  Is there any reason LDAP needs to specify this?

LDAP specifies that SASL is layered above TLS.  During graceful
closure, one shouldn't teardown a lower layer until the above
layers have been torn down.

>Anyway, unless the above is indeed needed, or we will wait for this to
>be discussed on the SASL list, I suggest to be a bit more vague:
>
>  cease exchanges at the LDAP message layer, tear down any SASL and TLS
>  layers as appropriate, and tear down the transport connection.

I prefer to "and then" conjunctions between each (as I suggested) as
this indicates that the implementation should do a graceful top-down
closure.

Kurt