Re: LDAPprep: mapping of " " values

At 07:18 AM 11/19/2004, Rici Lake wrote:
>This would allow, for example, the filter:
>  (cn=* John * Ellsworth)
>to match:
>  John Ellsworth
>  P. John Ellsworth
>  John P. Ellsworth
>which is probably what was intended.

But won't match, as I believe was intended, "JohnEllsworth".

>It would also allow the filter:
>  (|(description=* Angola *)(description=* Mozambique *))
>to find references to lusophone African countries, whether or not the keywords appeared in initial or final positions.

But won't match, as I believe was intended, "Angola&Mozambique".

The problem we have in revised TS is that we're handling
spaces in each substrings in the same way we handle them
in attribute values. This leads to odd behavior.

What we need to do is treat spaces in substrings in
relationship to other substrings and the attribute
value.

-- Kurt