Re: T.61 -> Unicode conversion

Hallvard,

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
I wrote:

The URL Howard posted:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openca-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04365.html

recommends to use T.61 in some circumstances, but concludes with "In
2004, you can switch to UTF-8 strings and forget about this entire
section of the guide."  So maybe it's still in use but fading fast?

Note, that's from an X.509 certificate guide, not a general X.500 guide.

Also, worth noting - X.500 uses TeletexString, ASN.1 refers to ISO/IEC 2022, ISO/IEC 2375 and the "ISO International Register of Coded Characters Sets" for the BER encoding of TeletexString values. It doesn't depend on T.61.

P.S. I would like to stop using TeletexString, but there are X.500 servers
out there that barf if I try to use the uTF8String alternative of DirectoryString.

Regards,
Steven