Re: Empty IA5String

On a personal note, I've always found the notion of an zero-length value
hard to digest.  I could really use a real world example (not in the
drafts, just to help me accept the concept) where a zero-length value has a
different meaning than no value.

Otherwise, from the perspective of not breaking existing implementations
(or applications), since zero-length values are valid for several syntaxes
(distinguished name, octet string, IA5 string), unless someone can make a
good argument for zero-length values being an error in the current RFC, I
don't think we should change it.

John  McMeeking