Re: "LDAPv3"

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Update of an old message (from 7 Dec 2003) which I think got no

Message http://www.OpenLDAP.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200310/msg00034.html
says:

  Suggest s/LDAPv3/LDAP/ throughout document for both consistency
  within document and across entire technical specification.

That has now been done in [authmeth], but not in [url] and [filter].

I believe this should be done in [url] and [filter] (I just forgot about it). Any objections?

If it is done in [url], "(in LDAPv3)" below should be removed instead
of changed to "(in LDAP)":
   attributes
      If the attributes part is omitted, all user attributes of the
      entry or entries should be requested (e.g., by setting the
      attributes field AttributeDescriptionList in the LDAP search
      request to a NULL list, or (in LDAPv3) by requesting the special
      attribute name "*").

Agreed.

-Mark