Re: and/or (1..MAX) constraint (Was: protocol-27 comments)

I've re-added these, and will wait for WG consensus to remove them.

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 10/29/04 2:23:39 PM >>>
As chair, I note that the WG did specifically discussed adding
these constraints to the revised ASN.1 module, initially during
a [Filter] WGLC and then during a early [Protocol] WGLC. Based
on these prior discussions, and the fact that an issue was not
raised during the prior WGLC, I must assume that the consensus
of the WG is for the and/or Filter sets to explicitly include
SIZE (1..MAX) constraints in the ASN.1 module. Hence, I feel
obligated assume consensus supports keeping these constraints.

It seems however that some have raised "new" concerns supporting
dropping the SIZE (1..MAX) constraints, however, it not quite
clear what that concern is. Hence, I suggest that those who
support dropping these constraints based upon "new" concerns
detail those concerns to the WG and why it is necessary (or
appropriate) to drop these constraints. We'll discuss the "new"
concerns and see if consensus now clearly supports dropping
these constraints. In absence of a clear consensus to drop the
constraints, the chairs will direct the Editor to include
these constraints.

Kurt, as LDAPBIS co-chair