RE: "LDAP exchange" (was: Misuse of the term "association"in[Protocol])

Jim Sermersheim writes:
> As this thread winds down, I have to say (as a side note) that I do like
> RFC 1777's use of the term "session" over our term "association".
>
> Just couldn't resist picking at the not-yet-healed scab.

Well, we killed "association".  But now that you mention it, I only find
a few "LDAP exchange"s that can't be replaced with "session"s.  Perhaps
we should s/LDAP exchange/LDAP PDU layer/ (why didn't I think of that
term before?) in the texts below, and s/(on the) LDAP exchange/(in the)
session/ elsewhere:

OTOH, one shouldn't pick on scabs:-)