Re: protocol-27 comments

Hallvard,

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
4.5.1. Search Request

       Filter ::= CHOICE {
            and             [0] SET OF filter Filter,
            or              [1] SET OF filter Filter,

Another change I do not remember from the list: The SIZE (1..MAX) was
removed from the ASN.1 grammar (though the textual description still
requires at least one component).  Why?

I don't remember if it has been discussed on the list, but one reason for the change is in anticipation of Kurt's true/false search filters draft becoming a proposed standard. If the SIZE constraint isn't there then there is no need to revise the ASN.1 for LDAP (and it is one less thing I need to fiddle for XLDAP).

Regards,
Steven