RE: "LDAP exchange" (was: Misuse of the term "association"in[Protocol])

At 08:31 PM 10/25/2004, Ramsay, Ron wrote:
>I would, except that unbind doesn't mean disconnect.

Earlier this month, in a thread titled "Unbind (Was: Lifetime of associations)" I stated (in response to your previous posts):
    In a couple of recent posts you implied it was okay for
    LDAP PDUs to be transmit by the client after sending an
    Unbind request and by the server after performing
    an Unbind operation.  Such behavior is prohibited in
    [Protocol] (as it was in RFC 2251).

Your response was:
    No, I wasn't. Nor would I.

    What I was thinking was that, an unbind can be sent at any
    time. It is possible that responses would have been sent
    by the server before it received the unbind request, so
    that the client could possibly receive (in a sense, legally)
    fact that the unbind is not acknowledged (yuck!).

How do you reconcile your response there to your response here?
Or are you merely noting that some clients do not adhere to
the LDAP TS here?