Re: registration of LDAP syntax OIDs

I'm talking about descr's applied to syntaxes (I wasn't very clear)

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@novell.com> 10/23/04 10:49:13 PM >>>
While I understand that these descriptors are not used in the protocol as we know it today, why the need to actively prevent them from being used in some future extension (especially if they are registered)?
Jim

At 09:54 PM 10/22/2004, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>I favor #2 for forward compatibility.

I'm thinking of inserting the something like:

Additionally, short descriptive names may be used outside
of the protocol to identity these and other objects. In
particular, short descriptive names (based on the name
of the ASN.1 data type name) may be used to refer to LDAP
syntax.

as the second paragraph of Section 3.3 of [BCP64bis].
Comments?

Kurt