RE: [protocol] maxInt

At 05:58 AM 9/27/2004, John McMeeking wrote:
>I agree with keeping the existing limits, though I hope an implementation
>would return protocol error if presented with a value greater than 2^^31 -
>1 for these fields.

>messageID - message ids are assigned by the client.

The server cannot return a protocol error here without itself
violating the protocol.  Notice of Disconnect seems more appropriate
here (especially given that it likely that the future requests
would also likely suffer from the same problem).

For the other cases, returning protocol error seems reasonable.
However, a server may not be able to parse PDUs containing
INTEGERs above maxInt.  So here, Notice of Disconnect is also
reasonable.

I see no need to elaborate on this in [Protocol].  Do you?

Kurt