draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-06 published

As some of you already noticed, last week I published version -06 of the LDAP URL I-D:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-06.txt

As with the Filter document, other than the change to use the new RFC 3667 and 3668 boilerplate, the changes since -05 are fairly minor (I consider the change in the definition of SLASH to be a bug fix; that problem is not present in RFC 2255).

I would appreciate review and comment on the changes I made in the "URL Definition" section; I think the changes reflect the group's opinion as gleaned from the mailing list discussions earlier this year. Here is a list of all the changes (from Appendix B of the document):

13.1.  Technical Changes

   "URL Definition" section: changed the hex value for SLASH to 0x2F (it
   was 0x5C which is "\" not "/").  Also, broke some long lines into two
   lines to avoid exceeding the 72 column limit.

13.2. Editorial Changes

   "Status of this Memo", "Intellectual Property Rights", and "Full
   Copyright" sections: updated to use boilerplate from RFC 3667 and RFC
   3668.

   "Status of this Memo", "Abstract" and "Table of Contents" sections:
   removed section numbers.

   "Introduction" section: added missing RFC 2119 keywords.

   "URL Definition" section: replaced "residing in the LDAP server" with
   "accessible from the LDAP server" in the sentence immediately
   following the ABNF.  Also, added the explanatory phrase "(that is, if
   the implementation understands it and is able to use it)" to the
   sentence that begins "If an LDAP URL extension is recognized by an
   implementation...."  Also, replaced "ASCII 33" with ASCII 0x21 in the
   text that refers to the "!"  character.

   "IANA Considerations" section: added.

-Mark