Re: Example in syntaxes

Hi Kathy,

Kathy Dally wrote:
In section 3.3.21 of the syntaxes I-D, the example appears to be garbled. The same example appears in RFC 2252. Perhaps the example could be:
OU=Dept #04024869,O=Test,C=GB#'0101'B

The example is correct as written in the syntaxes I-D. The first AttributeTypeAndValue follows the required format for an AttributeTypeAndValue where the AttributeType has no registered short name. See sections 2.3 and 2.4 of draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-14.txt . The example deliberately uses a DN with an embedded '#' to show that the '#' is not escaped in a NameAndOptionalUID.

Regards,
Steven