ListMatch Clarification

Folk,

I'm looking into implementing the ListMatch style matches and submitting a
patch.  I am having some trouble understanding part of the specification.
I understand that $ is effectively a newline.  The draft seems to indicate
that you ignore $ (ie, pull it out) and escape (\).  That said, the part
I'm not clear on is the actual search string.  Does the $ get handled in
the search string as well?  For example, lets say I want to find someone
on Foo Street, in Raleigh, NC.  Would I do a search along the lines of:
postalAddress=*Foo Street $ Raleigh, NC*
or
postalAddress=*Foo Street * Raleigh, NC*
or both?

Also is there supposed to be a space on both sides of the $, similar to
how $'s are used in schema, or would there be no spaces?

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /