Re: appropriateness of combination of controls (new suggestion)

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 5/15/04 7:54:50 AM >>>
>At 10:32 PM 5/14/2004, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>>It disallows combinations of other controls (like VLV and PSearch)
and returns an error if these are combined. I don't have code available
right now or I could tell you what >the error is (I assume it's
unwillingToPerform).

>Question: if both VLV and Psearch were marked critical, would
>the error you returned be different?

No, the routine that checks for known/appropriate controls is different
from the routine(s) which will return errors for invalid combinations.
We kept the former very simple (do we understand this control, and is it
appropriate for this operation). At this point of checking, we don't
even know if there are more controls in the message.

It would be good to know what other implementations do. I know there
are some others that support VLV and PSearch. I wonder how they handle
the combination?

Jim