RE: Distinguished values

Ramsay, Ron writes:

> Have you got lost in the semantics. The values in the AVA *are* values
> from the entry.

Not if they are different from the values in the entry.  Unless you mean
something else with "are" than I do:-)

> Naturally, when you specify a DN, you may choose values that match,

...but are not identical, you mean?  Yes, that's my point.

> but this is a choice that you make. The meaning of the AVA is that it
> identifies a distinguished value.

Sure.

Anyway, if we are talking past each other here, maybe that means
Kurt's original suggestion is best despite your original objection.