Re: IntermediateResponse and extensions

At 03:42 AM 3/13/2004, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Or maybe all this makes it more trouble than it is worth to generalize
>IntermediateResponse to all extensions.

I think it unwise to generalize IntermediateResponses to
all extensions.  Someone might actually try to solicit
an IntermediateResponse with attribute option.  If some
document tries to solicit IntermediateResponses with a
new message type, we can discuss that as part of the
review of that document (note that new message types
require standard action to register).

I think it fine that we only describe solicitation for
the two cases considered by [LDAPIMR].

Kurt